Update 23rd Sept 2010
More missing people are coming into the picture:
Mohd Shafiq Abdullah, 37, businessman from Kedah, missing since 8th April 2010, leather-strap wristwatch found in the same farm where Datuk Sosilawati and 3 others were allegedly killed
A Muthuraja, multi-millionaire businessman from India, missing since 18th January 2010
Update 19th Sept 2010
It’s becoming more convoluted, with twist after twist coming from as far as India.
Update 18th Sept 2010
Sarina Jaafar, 45, Sosilawati’s close friend and fellow cosmetics entrepreneur, founder of Aveer Cosmetics hanged herself in her master bedroom at her house in Penang. Her death was reportedy due to personal problems and not related to Sosilawati’s death.
Update 17th Sept 2010
- A cricket bat might also have been used as a murder weapon.
- Police found more than 300 human bone fragments at the bottom of Sungai Panchau, which could turn out to be the remains of around 20 people. If those people turned out to have been killed by the lawyer, he could well be one of the country’s worst serial killers.
Update 16th Sept 2010
The “Datuk” might not be a Datuk after all, having “bought” the title from a businessman for RM180,000.
Update 15th Sept 2010
According to newsreports:
- the Datuk lawyer allegedly worth RM100 million, which is similar to the late Datuk Sosilawati’s wealth, while his younger brother is supposedly worth RM20 million
- allegedly RM7.2 million was found in one bank account of the prime suspect
- he has 9 luxury cars, including 7 Mercedes-Benz
- at least three henchmen killed the 4 after being ordered by the Datuk lawyer
- the 4 were beaten and repeatedly stabbed before they were burnt
Update 14th Sept 2010
4.30pm: The Star reported that the murder weapon has been found in a river, after searching since 9am.
Unconfirmed sources said his name is Datuk Pathmanabhan a/l Nalliannen (IC: 690211-10-5525) and his brother is Surendren a/l Nalliannen (IC: 720801-10-5773). They both have Facebook accounts in their real names, and made available their photos.
13th Sept 2010
This could rival the Mona Fandey case in sensation.
According to newsreports:
- the prime suspects are a “Datuk” lawyer, 41 and his brother, 38, also a lawyer, whose practice is based in Banting, Selangor. The others are 6 palm oil plantation workers, including 2 women.
- the “Datuk” lawyer graduated from Bond University, Australia
- he also dabbles in moneylending, although whether he’s an asset based lenders / not remains to be seen
- he had intentions of joining the MIC – this could be a hint as to the suspect’s ethnicity
- he could be responsible for the deaths of as many as 9 – all killed and the bodies disposed of in the same way – burnt the traditional way (using cow dung + petrol mix) which is more efficient than modern cremation
- a murder weapon, “an iron rod with a hook at the end measuring 30cm” was being sought, probably a palm oil harvesting sickle:
- Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Senator Datuk T. Murugiah said he was informed that the suspect even contacted Bukhari, one of Sosilawati’s ex-husbands on 3rd September to ask “how the family was coping with her disappearance.”
- Sosilawati’s murder was planned, but when she turned up with her 3 companions, they were killed for simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time
- All 4 had their throats slit
- She had wanted to get her refund for an unsuccessful tender from the lawyer amounting to RM4 million.
According to the Malaysian Bar Advocates and Solicitors Directory, there are 13 lawyer firms there.
Could the owner of one of them be responsible for killing the Nouvelle Visages (NV) cosmetic line founder who’s worth a reported RM100 million?
Adding to the magnitude of the crime, she was killed with 3 others, and their ashes scattered in a river near Ladang Gadong, Tanjong Sepat, Selangor.
12th September: the 8th suspect picked up
11th September: the Datuk lawyer and his brother picked up
10th September [first day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri] : 5 of the suspects were picked up.
6th September: Her BMW X5 discovered. Her lawyer’s BMW M5 also discovered at a different place.
2nd September: She was reportedly seen buying cookies
30th August: Datuk Sosilawati last seen.